Welcome to the deemly™ peer to peer ratings scorings service (“deemly”) at the address www.deemly.co (the “Site”), or at the applicable plug-in of deemly in different Marketplaces (as defined below) which are business partners of deemly. (the “Plug-in”)(the Site, deemly’s peer to peer rating scorings service and the Plug-in– the “Service”) brought to you (the “User”, “you”) by deemly ApS (“we”, “us”, “our”, or the “Company”).
We respect the privacy of our users and are committed to protect the personal information that users share with us in connection with the use of the Services.
1. Your Consent (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!)
2. Which information we may collect on our Users?
We may collect two types of data and information from our Users:
- The first type of information is un-identified and non-identifiable information pertaining to a User(s), which may be made available or gathered via the User’s use of the Services (“Non-personal Information”). We are not aware of the identity of the User from which the Non-personal Information was collected. Non-personal Information which is being collected consists of technical information and aggregated usage information, and may contain, among other things, the activity of the User on the Services, User’s sign-in data and ‘click-stream’ on the Services and/or any e-commerce, marketplace or social websites opdeemly by third parties approved by you or which enable you to receive the Service (including eBay, Airbnb, Fiverr, Facebook and/or other third party content and/or services using the Plug-in (collectively and respectively the ”Approved Third Party” and “Third Party Services”), etc.
- The second type of information is individually identifiable information, namely information that identifies an individual or may with reasonable effort identify an individual, or may be of private or sensitive nature (“Personal Information”).
Personal Information which is being gathered consists of the following:
- In the event that a User registers to the Services through his/her existing social network account (such as Facebook® or LinkedIn® account), then the applicable social network may provide us with certain information about such User, as is stored in and/or made available by the User through his/her social network account. For example, such information may consist, as applicable and/or made available by the User, of the User’s name, public profile picture URL address, Social Network Account User ID, e-mail address, date of birth, gender, occupation or work information, education and other information which the User provided such network and allowed to be collected. This Personal Information is automatically provided and stored by the Company when registration to the Services is conducted via the User’s social network account;
- In the registration process (whether by registration to the Services on the Site or by the Plug-in), such User will be required to provide certain information such as his/her E-mail address and login password;
- Information the User may choose to provide in connection with the User’s existing accounts with Third Party Services (including by means of a Plug-in), including the User’s ratings, reviews, transaction, listings and other account related information on said accounts.
- The User’s IP address or other persistent user identifier, which is automatically provided by the User and used mainly for enhancing the User’s experience and for geolocation personalization and security purposes, as further detailed below;
- Any Personal Information provided voluntarily by the User via the Services, such as the User’s images, country of residence and/or other Personal Information provided by the User, including by actions performed by the User in connection with the Services;
- Personal Information regarding the User’s online activity (including, without limitation, any statistical data, sales, customers and listings) when using the Services and/or browsing Marketplaces (including Third Party Services), including deemly scores and ratings, and any Personal Information which may be provided to us by such Marketplaces (including Third Party Services), including information provided by deemly’s business partners and through Plug-ins;
BY USING THE SERVICES IN CONNECTION WITH ANY THIRD PARTY SERVICES, YOU THEREBY PERMIT THE COMPANY TO ACCESS, PROCESS AND STORE CERTAIN PERSONAL INFORMATION MADE AVAILABLE BY YOU AND/OR SUCH USE THROUGH SUCH THIRD PARTY SERVICES.
For avoidance of doubt, any Non-personal Information connected or linked to any Personal Information shall be deemed as Personal Information as long as such connection or linkage exists.
3. How Do We Collect Information on Our Users?
There are two main methods we use:
- We collect information through your use of the Services (including from the Approved Third Party). When you are using the Services, including when you use Third Party Services and other services approved by you following your registration to deemly, you allow us to gather, collect and record the information relating to such usage, either independently or through the help of third-party services as detailed above.
- We collect information which you provide us voluntarily. For example, we collect Personal Information which you voluntarily provide when you contact us directly.
We store the Personal Information either independently or through the help of our authorized third-party service providers as detailed below.
4. What are the Purposes of the Collection of Information?
We collect Non-personal and Personal Information in order to provide and operate deemly and the Site, including for statistical and research purposes; to enable us to further develop, customize and improve the Services based on Users common preferences and uses; and to enable us to provide our Users with a better user experience and with technical assistance and support.
By signing up to deemly, you automatically permit deemly to send newsletters that are exclusively related to your deemly profile as well as the product.
5. Sharing Information with Third Parties
The Company will not share any Personal Information it collects with any third party except with your explicit consent.
You hereby acknowledge and agree that for the purposes of providing the Services, our analysis of your Personal Information as it is reflected in the deemly on-line merchants reputation score will be public and thus provided to any other Users of the Services and to an Approved Third Party.
YOU FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE FOR THE PURPOSE OF PROVIDING THE SERVICES WE SHALL PROVIDE PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR EXISTING ACCOUNTS ON THIRD PARTY SERVICES AND/OR YOUR ACTIVITIES THEREIN, TO THIRD PARTY BUSINESS PARTNERS OF deemly, WHICH OFFER ON-LINE COMMERCE MARKETPLACE SERVICES.
For avoidance of doubt, the Company may transfer and disclose to third parties or otherwise use Non-personal Information at its sole discretion.
6. Deletion of Personal Information
If for any reason you wish us to modify or delete your Personal Information which is stored with us and identifies you, please send us an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will make reasonable efforts to modify or delete any such Personal Information pursuant to any applicable privacy laws. Note that unless you instruct us otherwise we may retain your Personal Information for a period of 12 months or a longer period as reasonably required in order to provide the Services and as legally permissible or required.
To use the Services, you must be over the age of thirteen (13). The Company does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of thirteen (13) and does not wish to do so. We reserve the right to request proof of age at any stage so that we can verify that minors under the age of thirteen (13) are not using the Services. In the event that it comes to our knowledge that a person under the age of thirteen (13) is using the Services, we will prohibit and block such User from accessing the Services and will make all efforts to promptly delete any Personal Information stored with us with regard to such User.
We take a great care in implementing and maintaining the security of the Services, and the User’s Personal Information. The Personal Information is hosted on the Amazon Web Services Platform which provides advanced security features. The Company employs industry standard procedures and policies to ensure the safety of its Users’ Personal Information, and prevent unauthorized use of any such information. However, we do not and cannot guarantee that unauthorized access will never occur.
9. Third Party Service Providers
10. Third Party Sites and Services
When you access or use the Services, the Company may use industry-wide technologies such as “cookies” (or similar technologies), which store certain information on your computer (“Local Storage”) and which will allow us to enable automatic activation of certain features, and make your service experience much more convenient and effortless. The cookies used by the Services are created per session, do not include any information about you other than your session key, and are removed as your session ends. It is easy to prohibit the Local Storage. Most browsers will allow you to erase cookies from your computer’s hard drive, block acceptance of cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. However, if you block or erase cookies your online experience may be limited.
12. Direct Marketing
You hereby agree that we may use your contact details for the purpose of informing you regarding our products and services which may interest you, and to send to you other marketing materials, transmitted to the e-mail address you have provided. You may withdraw your consent via sending a written notice to us by e-mail to the following address: email@example.com.
14. Have any Questions?